Want to do your bit?
Here at the Halsetown Inn we feel very strongly about the world we live in and we do our upmost to keep what we are doing sustainable. Heres just a few of the contributing things we do to keep our and the people around us environmental awareness at the forefront.
• Use low carbon electricity generated by schemes such as the hydroelectric power station at Trelubbas, Helston
• Source thoughtfully from as many local and sustainable producers as possible.
• Recycle all cardboard, paper, plastic, glass etc
• We use biodegradable cleaning products
• Send our waste oil to be converted in to biodiesel
• Use recycled paper for our office and menus, files, pens etc
We do our best to keep our carbon footprint to an absolute minimum using the most local of suppliers. (Not to mention it is too of course the best produce.)
We support StreetSmart
StreetSmart fundraises for homeless people by adding a voluntary £1 per table to your bill during the winter months. If you don’t want to contribute – or if you’d like to give more – just say so!
StreetSmart aims to provide comfort and hope to people who live on the streets near restaurants where others dine in style. Your £1 will contribute to the work being done in Cornwall to enable homeless and vulnerable people to rebuild their lives and regain their dignity.
Deutsche Bank is able to maximise the impact of the StreetSmart campaign by supporting the admin costs and ensuring that very penny goes straight to charities across the UK who are helping homeless people. In association with Cornwall Today, West Briton and Forward.