Here’s some of what we are doing on sustainability and environmental awareness:
• Use low carbon electricity generated by schemes such as the hydroelectric power station at Trelubbas, Helston
• Source thoughtfully from as many local and sustainable producers as possible e.g. The Wild Harbour Fish Co – the only fisherman to have formal approval by the Sustainable Restaurant Association. Our other suppliers are below.
• Recycle all cardboard, paper, plastic, glass etc
• Use biodegradable cleaning products
• Send our waste oil to be converted in to biodiesel
• Use only recycled paper for our office and menus, files, pens etc
So far we have teamed up with
Pure Blue Water
We like to support organisations we believe in.
StreetSmart fundraises for homeless people by adding a voluntary £1 per table to your bill during the winter months. If you don’t want to contribute – or if you’d like to give more – just say so!
StreetSmart aims to provide comfort and hope to people who live on the streets near restaurants where others dine in style. Your £1 will contribute to the work being done in Cornwall to enable homeless and vulnerable people to rebuild their lives and regain their dignity.
Deutsche Bank is able to maximise the impact of the StreetSmart campaign by supporting the admin costs and ensuring that very penny goes straight to charities across the UK who are heckling the homeless. In association with Cornwall Today, West Briton and Forward.